Candi Tulip.......



Hi Everybody

Here we are again, yet another Friday and who knows where the week has disappeared to?!

I hope you are all here with me for this tutorial, I had planned to cover two blooms today but on reflection, as this flower is a little bit fiddly, have decided to do just the one, and a far as I know this hasn't been seen before!!

Today we are making a Candi TULIP ....... Small but perfectly formed in just 7 steps........

As Candi is too small to demo on, I'm using 1" circles for demo purposes

1.  Take a single piece of Candi to start.
2. Take the Candi and cut a small slice off the top.
3. Starting in the centre of the new straight edge, cut little zig zags along the top of the straight edge, a fine bladed scissors is best for this. 
4. Take a second piece of Candi  (contrasting colour best for petals or green for leaves) and cut just over 3/4 way through the centre of the Candi.



5. At either side of this cut, cut out a piece 
6. Your disc will now have a deep 'V' removed 
7. Hold 2nd piece of Candi by 'points' at top of 'V' and pull apart very gently to widen the  V gap, place a small blob of glue on the back of the 2nd Candi
Tulip.  Place 2nd piece of Candi on top of  1st  making sure it's just glued at the base so 2nd layer looks like petals or leaves and gives some dimension  = TULIP!!
As these little tulips are so cute and tiny I think they look best on a small 96 x 96 card, here are some cards I made using my little tulips, hope you like them, I have used some of the lovely gingham papers from the goody box collection, just love these too!




I hope by this time next week I will be showcasing some of your Candi bloom creations, there will be a Candi prize for the best one and as you know we love your comments so there will be a gift,  made by me, for someone who leaves a comment, this will be picked randomly and announced the following Friday.

Last Friday the lucky person was Shirley, please email me your address to: cardsandcani@hotmail.co.uk  and I will get a little gift in the mail to you - congrats xx

I won't be able to respond to questions on Friday, but if you drop me an email I will get back to you after the long weekend, email me at: cardsandcani@hotmail.co.uk.

Hope you have enjoyed the tutorial today, next week with the customer showcase I will recap on the past few tutorials too.  Have a great long weekend,  please let the sun shine for us all!

Keep happy, smiling and crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment