HOME is where the heart and LOVE are........


             
Happy Sunday folks! 

Hope it's a nice day wherever you are and that you have nice things planned.  We have had a few very stressful weeks culminating in our new dishwasher arriving this am and the fitter telling us that he couldn't carry out the job as we have an extension on the u-bend (no problems in 15 years!) and they are not allowed to fit in case of leaks! I took to the craft room with lips tightly pursed for fear of expressing my true feelings (not the poor guys fault though) and left hubby to sort out, no plumbers available today so we have to forget about it till Monday, in the grand scheme of life it's really not a problem, just a mere inconvenience.  Not much fun when friend decided to wash some dishes not realising there was an escape in the unbend where old machine had been disconnected, a few bath sheets later all well again! After all that, was too late to get to Cancer Care coffee morning, hope all crafty donations are making some money for such a good cause, not much left to do today then it's feet up tomorrow and not a lot else, I will probably end up making something whilst feet are up lol, don't know what to do with hands otherwise!

Anyway, on to the matter in hand, i.e. creating with my all time favourite craft products -  here are a couple more creations made for the sale, hope by the time you read this they will be hanging on a wall or a fridge (have put magnetic tape on back of calendars) somewhere! I have used two Sizzix dies by Paula Pascual, my lovely DT colleague - Kath Woods - used the Love one in one of her blogs a few weeks ago, (9th September) well worth a look to see what Kath created by building up lots of layers of the die cuts - really beautiful.  I have used 2 of the three dies available in this style (Love, Home & Noel) today, namely LOVE and HOME.

For the 'home' ones have die cut 3 chipboard cuts of each and then a front and back cover from the lovely Time Flies papers (sorbet pink).  I hate making more than one of anything so decs on all are different. I stuck the chipboard cuts together/on top of each other to give strength and then covered with my chosen paper, inked all the edges and then the fun started! I might have decorated a little more than I would have done had they been for myself but I was having fun, lol! Every sort of embellishment came out, ribbons, string, pearls, blingy gems, punched flowers, butterflies (die cut and ready made from CWC), a heart wreath base, flower braid which I dyed to match, stickles, practically all but the kitchen sink.... 

When I had decorated the 'home' hangers I popped a little 2014 calendar on each - a perfect little gift to hang beside a desk, on the fridge or bulletin board in the kitchen.

                                        

      
                                        


                                        


                                         

The heart  + LOVE was just as easy! I covered first one side of the  heart with the lovely pink version of Time Flies and cut around with a craft knife when dry and then did the same to the back.  I inked around the edges to hide the chipboard between the papers, and started to decorate. I layered up one of the beautiful die cut matching flowers (I like lots of layers) and popped in a pearlised flower centre.  I die cut a decorative butterfly and used 3 layers for some depth and then gave a touch of stickles for a little sparkle! I cut the 'love' die in pearlised pink card from CWC, and stuck 5 layers together for strength and stability, I wanted a tonal contrast to the pink Time Flies covered heart.  When decorated I joined with a piece of flower braid which I changed from pale duck egg to pink with an ink pad and popped on a couple of Candi blooms.  Lots of bling and some ribbon later the final wall hanging emerged.  

                                              


                                              


                                               

Hope you enjoy what I have made.  Day off on Sunday (possibly!) and then I can't wait to get my hands on the new Art Deco inspired collection - Vogue- designed by the so so talented Steph and showcased by our lovely Julie on TV yesterday. Just in case you missed the shows - Kath Stewart, fab creative lady that she is, gave us a wonderful blog yesterday with amazing cards, if you missed it please pop back for a look and leave a well deserved comment.  I'm sure very soon our Pinterest board will be groaning with more delectable inspiration!! 

Enjoy Sunday and have a lovely week whatever you are up to, I'll be back on Friday with some more creations using some of my favourite Craftwork Cards products, of course featuring Candi - see you on Friday and in the meantime keep happy, smiling and crafting......... 


No comments:

Post a Comment